Since 2004, we have tried to entertain and enlighten our readers on the subject of gardens and gardening. We aren't all born with green fingers, but we all enjoy the shade of a tree or the gift of a rose.
Our SIMPLE Mission
To educate, entertain, and pass on our knowledge; to share our passion for all things green.
- Watermelons are actually vegetables.
- World Naked Gardening Day is on the first Saturday in May.
- There are over 10,000 kinds of tomatoes.
- The Poison Garden in the UK is home to 100 deadly plants.
- A pineapple is actually a berry.
- Both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew cannabis on their plantations.
- During the 1600s, tulips were so valuable in Holland that their bulbs were worth more than gold.
- Trees are the longest-living organisms on earth.